Monday, July 27, 2009

God's Pantry...Trusting in the Lord

"The eyes of all look hopefully to you, and you give them their food in due season." Ps.145:15

Money has been tight for the past six months, because my husband was laid-off from his job in January. But, through the generosity of friends, family and God we have never been without. Several people always seemed to show up with pantry supplies just at the right time. I was thinking to myself, it seems like our pantry shelves are never empty. I keep returning to the pantry and it seems as though there is always enough. How fitting that this Sunday's readings and our Priest's homily went down that same road. In the 2nd Book of Kings and in John's Gospel, we find that the Lord supplies not only enough food, but food left over. Just as the Lord supplied the Manna everyday, we may go to bed at night and wonder what will become of us, and what we will eat, but the Lord supplies our needs on a daily basis. "Give us "THIS DAY" our daily bread", I think the Lord just wants us to trust in him. If we can't trust him with the little things of life, then how can we trust him with bigger trials. With tough economic times, we might have to actually put that trust to the test. We need to turn our worries and cares over to him and trust him. Maybe I don't have enough trust in what he can do for me, maybe he wants me to trust him more. I know when I go to the pantry that I'm never disappointed, he has never let me down.
Keep On Dancing!!
p.s. My husband's back at work and NO, that's not my pantry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment